Content creation is an important aspect of any modern digital marketing strategy. It is more than just storytelling. Businesses that create evergreen content can express their perspectives of various topics, address prospects’ concerns, and provide solutions.
Content comes in many forms, including blog posts, infographics, eBooks, videos, webinars, podcasts, emails, and whitepapers. Additionally, these materials can be personalized to create your unique voice and advance your status as a thought leader. If you consistently deliver quality content, you can drive traffic to your website. When people share your content, you grow your online audience organically. Remember that audience growth is a daily pursuit!
There has never been a better time than now to start on the path of content creation. Below are five powerful benefits that your business can achieve from creating engaging content.
Generate Qualified Leads
The Difference between Normal Leads and Qualified Leads
Before you know how to generate qualified leads, you will need to know exactly what they are. Qualified leads are actually prospects who are interested in your products or service offerings. Rather than someone coming in cold and looking at your content, the person reviewing your site and all it has to offer is already curious about your service or product. Naturally, the more enticing your site is, the more likely someone is going to want to know more right off the bat.
To generate qualified leads, here are some suggestions:
- To get leads on social media (one example would be YouTube), use the power of annotations. To fill viewers in with video information, give them updates, etc., this is text that can be added to a video. It can link to subscription pages, channels, other videos, etc., to create an interactive YouTube campaign.
- On LinkedIn (and similar sites) publish high-quality content. This is easier said than done in some cases. Finding someone who can create high-quality content for you, if you can’t create it yourself, is crucial.
- Make sure your landing pages are upgraded. Use well-designed landing pages. Make sure your web copy is customer-centric rather than self-centric, and that your lead magnet is updated.
- Use specific keyword choices that are carefully selected. Be specific. Longtail SEO generates leads.
- Utilize surveys and quizzes to your benefit. For the most part, people love to give their opinion. Offer quizzes and surveys that will engage.
- Host a seminar/webinar. Teach your audience something new or present content through a live video session.
- Participate in guest blogging. Collaborate with sites that have captured the attention of your target audience. Write blogs for them that are popular in your industry or niche.
- Insert content upgrades (into transcript pages, blog posts, etc.). Here, more valuable information could, as an example, be offered by a (usually yellow) box that politely interrupts their content consumption.
- Use Facebook ads to offer lead magnets. By running ad campaigns, you can take advantage of Facebook Insights. Make sure your selling is soft and easy, however, rather than being overt. Make sign up easy.
Improve Traffic on Your Main Social Media Accounts
Insightful Content is Key to Getting People to Like, Comment, Share, and Tag their Friends
The more people visit your social media accounts, the more attention you’re likely to attract. Once you attract attention, you want people to like your posts, comment on them, share them with others and/or send them to their friends. Before that can happen, however, they have to visit your social media account. Here are nine suggestions for improving traffic on your most important social media accounts:
- Use images as well as word content. Visuals initiate social media user responses. Text only posts are responded to less than posts with visuals. Use presentations, videos, infographics, and images. These help to trigger a strong reaction and develop an emotional connection. They can also serve to create content that is easier to consume and more interactive. Try not to use stock photography if you don’t have to. You stand a better chance of connecting to more people by using an authentic image. Your images can run alongside text or be used as a stand-alone entry.
- Always be responsive to comments and “likes”. If someone takes the time to comment on your social post, it’s important you take the time to reply. This encourages a feeling of value in your audience. Feel free to offer more topic information by including a link back to your website. With your responses, build a relationship and be engaging. What’s more, your responses should always be made in a timely manner. Respond to both complaints and inquiries promptly to incorporate customer service. Your customer response will show others how they will be treated as well as creating a positive customer experience.
- Engage your audience. Your social media content, rather than revolving around you, needs to target your audience. They have certain objectives they want to achieve, it’s your job to inspire them and engage them by offering valuable content. When creating engagement boosting content, focus on asking open ended questions. You want to trigger a reaction. It’s also okay to go with multiple-choice or yes – no questions. Poll hosting is a great idea. Award the winners of interactive quizzes prizes to encourage participation.
- Promote your relevant content, such as your blogs (publish teasers or excerpts). These are a great incentive to drive people to your site. Granted, every minute of every day you don’t want to sell your content constantly. But to increase the visibility of your blog posts, particularly the high-quality ones, they must be promoted. Remember: Just in case someone didn’t see your content the first time, it’s okay to promote it multiple times.
- Make sharing easy. If someone absolutely loves your content, and wants to share it, but they have a hard time doing so, all is lost. They will simply move on. The sharing method must be painfully obvious and easy to use. Close to your content, embed sharing buttons. As proof that others are sharing your content as well, display the number of shares to date.
- Remember – timing is everything. For optimal views, the most effective time should be chosen. Review your data and determine your timing rather than relying on “best social post timing practices”. When is your specific audience most likely to respond?
- Don’t underestimate the power of “lesser” platforms (those that aren’t as popular as, say, Facebook or Instagram). Naturally, your topics and audience will help determine which social platforms may work best, but don’t rule any of them out until you’ve looked closely at what they may be able to provide for you. Example: Reddit and Pinterest are frequently overlooked. That’s a mistake.
- Provide input, referrals, social comments, recommendations, reviews, etc. about your service or product. This will bring your brand or service a human voice. Consumers today are always searching for the opinion of others who have already used a service or product.
- Make sure your social profiles are optimized. Establish your style and tone while communicating your brand value proposition when people turn to your bio section or profile. Don’t sacrifice clarity, make your bio distinct.
Establish Trust and Credibility
Position Your Business as a Subject-Matter Expert
Content marketing can – and should – be used to build trust and credibility. The first step is, of course, to use content marketing to make a stellar first impression. What exactly is meant by “content marketing”? This is where online material is first created, then shared (i.e. social media posts, blogs, videos, etc.). This is meant to simply stimulate interest in your service or brands, not explicitly promote.
Following this step, here are several more ways to establish trust and credibility:
- Provide in-depth, extremely relevant content.
- Show people rather than telling them. Use real-world examples.
- Employee participation should be encouraged.
- Influencers should be incorporated whenever possible.
- Content should be as flawless as possible.
- Make sure your brand voice is consistent.
- Your statistics should be sourced (link a credible source).
- Stay on schedule with your posts. Your credibility will suffer if you go dark for days at a time.
Get more Customers to Purchase Your Solutions in the Process
Establishing trust and credibility through the use of the above-stated bullet points works in your favor for a number of reasons. First and foremost, of course, is that when people feel they can trust you, they’re more likely to listen to what you have to say. They will view your services, product, posts, etc. with an open mind. Once you’re in (they trust you and feel that you are credible), they’re more likely to take the plunge (book your service, purchase your product, etc.).
Build Customer Loyalty
Consistently creating actionable and valuable content encourages target audiences to stick around long enough to purchase your services or products or remain loyal to your brand.
- Content should be informative and helpful to be of value. Your customers may not know how to use your product just because they purchased it. It could have bells and whistles that they’re not aware of, for example. So your clientele can get the most out of your product, help them understand it better with the content you create.
- In addition to posting good content online, it should also be sent directly to your consumers. When a customer uses your service or purchases your product, encourage them to sign up for enewsletters, email alerts, etc. The other benefit here is that you’ll be able to use your CRM with which to monitor the relationship between your business and your client. You’ll be able to track macro conversions, micro conversions, and the customer’s lifetime value.
- Naturally, the same information should also be promoted on social media. Not everyone will buy into the sign up (for newsletters, email alerts, etc.). So, it’s important that the information you would have sent them be posted elsewhere. Use your blog to publish content and optimize it for search results. Use social media as well to get your content out.
Delight Existing Audience Members and Customers
Sometimes it is not just about attracting new customers. Businesses should still serve their existing customer base through high-quality content. This process helps business owners to identify fresh opportunities for growth and customer retention.
By engaging with your audience, you can continue to build brand loyalty. Listen to your customer feedback, tell real stories, and personalize your content. Consistently publish quality content to retain customers. Focus on making things as convenient as possible for your clientele. Educate your audience and create a smooth onboarding process.
To retain customers, their momentum must be fueled. Offer your followers engaging and relevant content throughout the entire buyer’s journey. However, this journey should not end when your customer makes a decision. For long-term success, it must include customer advocacy and retention.
Rather than focusing on driving sales, focus on building customer value. The sales will come when you add more value.
Seek the Advice of an Experienced Digital Agency – Contact FMO Media
All of the above stated advice is great advice. Not everyone, however, can’t put it all together and create the kind of content marketing plan needed in today’s business world. If you could use some assistance with the following, we – at FMO Media – are here for you:
- Tech and development
- Web design and SEO
- Marketing and more
We’re not your average digital marketing agency. Far from it. A diverse team of experts backs our every move. These are people who possess vast knowledge in the areas of web design development, SEO, developing content, social media management and advertisements, and much, much more. We have several service packages available, one of which will suit your needs best.
We want to hear your unique story so we can tell it in such a way that both prospective and current customers find you, your service, and/or your product enticing, engaging, and exciting. We have various packages available, one of which will likely suit your needs best.
Use our convenient online form to make an appointment and/or get a free quote today. You can also phone us at 631-533-9250. If you prefer, send us an email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
VISIT US ONLINE AT FMOMEDIA.COM OR FOLLOW US @FMOMEDIA